Tuesday, September 29, 2009

After the wedding...

Mid June Bryce and I traveled down to Fort Myers, Florida with my parents and GG (my grandmother). They own a townhouse down there and Bryce & I stayed with them for 3 1/2 weeks. We had a great time - although I was very out of breath, tired & noticed that my blood pressure was starting to go up. It didn't concern me too much though because I was past 28 (when my pre-eclampsia symptoms started with Bryce) and I wasn't swollen at all.

Oh yeah, but I should mention - I did spend 2 days in the hospital mid June because of some complications. One night at around 1:15 am I started bleeding... a lot. I called my in laws to come over and watch Bryce, went downstairs to tell Dave we were going to the ER (yup, we're night owls) and left once the in laws arrived. By 1:45 am I was admitted to Labor & Delivery and already receiving an IV. They did a sonogram and said that everything looked ok. They discharged me directly to my high risk dr after 2 days and had another extensive sonogram their. He said all seemed to be ok and they couldn't figure out where the blood had come from - but according to them it did not come from the placenta or the baby. Whew. I was sent home to rest and after the weekend I was told I could return to "normal" life. After a few weeks of no complications they released me to take my vacation! Thank goodness - granted, if I wasn't able to go... I wouldn't have... but I would have been pretty darn bummed about missing the beach for the whole summer!

Ok - so back to Fort Myers. We had a great time. We went to the beach everyday and Bryce had SO much fun playing in the sand and the water. The beach their is just glorious! After 2 1/2 weeks Daddy flew down to meet us. Bryce was thrilled to have Dad in Florida.

We spent most of our days looking for "sea creatures". There were tons of sea slugs, shrimp, baby clams and baby snails to collect in our buckets. We even got to see some sting rays in the water! Thank goodness we didn't step on any! I was very careful to shuffle in the water... we only saw 2 in the 3 weeks we were there... but I wasn't taking any chances!

Bryce had a GREAT time at the community pool. He finally got the courage to put his head under the water and really enjoyed the new freedom that it gave him. He was able to get his head wet which meant he could also splash around because the water didn't bother him so much if it got in his eyes. He watched the other kids jump in the pool and eventually tried it out himself. He was so proud to show off his cannonballs to the other kids!

We returned home mid July and while we had a great time down there - I was happy to be back in my house! The beach can be exhausting! Although... I am looking forward to returning over Spring Break in April!
The beach at dusk - red sky at night... sailor's delight!
Hide and Seek at Times Square, Fort Myers Beach
Bryce was a huge help with getting to the beach!
Sea Slug
Shrimp!
Bryce wore his goggles a lot because he didn't like the salt water in his eyes
Hawaiian Sundae at Love Boat Homemade Ice Cream (YUMMY!)
Mommy & Bryce
Daddy and Bryce playing Frisbee
Cannonball!
Underwater at the Pool

No comments: