Friday, October 2, 2009

A Bucket of "Cole"

In the "new" house (we moved in 2.5 yrs ago already) we have shower doors on our bathtub. I haven't taken them off yet so it's too difficult to use the baby tub we have in it. So I've been using the tub on the floor of our master bath. I take the shower head and use it to fill the tub up. The water usually splashes up out of the tub onto the floor making it a bit slippery.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I filled the tub... without realizing how much had splashed out of the tub - went to get Cole, walked into the bathroom and slipped. Bam - fell right down onto my bum... HARD. Mind you I couldn't brace myself with my hands because well... I was carrying the baby! Thank goodness I didn't drop him... he was absolutely fine. But ouch, ouch... my bum hurt! So I figured this is the end of that and we're off to find a better tub!

I had seen this type of bucket style tub online and they were running about 60 bucks. I figured... gosh, I'll just get a bucket... that will be easier! Well, I then ran into the Prince Lionheart "Wash Pod" which was only $18 bucks. It had "legs" to stabilize it from tipping over, a cushy seat at the bottom for Cole to sit on and it was tall enough to support his head. I was sold.

He LOVES it! So do I... it's SO much easier now! It uses less water and I'm not constantly worrying that he's getting cold since more of the water covers his body now. He also gets to splash around in it at an earlier age. Yay!

1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Cutest thing ever. :) I love how he's looking at you taking the picture of the both of you--he's looking at you like you're crazy, lol. :) Precious!