Monday, October 5, 2009

What a great weekend!

We had a fantastic weekend. On Friday we went to the B&O Railroad museum to see the Disney Christmas Carol Train that has been touring around the USA. It was adorable. Thank goodness there was no wait and we cruised right through it. It was a little old for Bryce but I think he enjoyed looking at everything. I loved it - the pictures were fantastic and the decorations were amazing. The first train had a beautiful blue ceiling that looked like the sky and every car was decorated with gorgeous upholstered wallpaper. It was pretty interesting.

Then it was off to see a sneak peak of the movie. Bryce had absolutely no desire to see it so David watched him outside while I took a sleeping Cole in to the movie. I am glad Bryce didn't come with me... it was a little scary and VERY loud! The 3D was neat but I remembered why I am not really a 3D kinda person. My eyes have trouble focusing and it gives me a headache. I can't imagine watching 2 hours of a movie in 3D. 2D is just fine for me.

After the fun it was off to Ale Mary's in Fells Point. We'd never been there before but boy, was it yummy! I had the Thankful Turkey Sandwich... roast turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce with some mash on the side. MMMmmmm good.

Saturday we had Dave's parents, Aunt & Uncle and cousin over to meet Cole. I cooked Autumn Pork Roast with butternut potatoes. Dave's Aunt brought some potatoes au gratin over, spinich dip and an apple pie. I also made some caprese salad and a pumpkin cheesecake.

On Sunday we attended FrieghtFest at Six Flags America. We went with 2 other families and the boys had a blast! Cole got to ride the Merry Go Round and he seemed to enjoy it. He was tracking things with his eyes and didn't get upset at all. He also seemed to like the Halloween Stunt Show. His eyes followed the actors around on stage and he didn't even flinch at any of the loud sounds. Bryce of course loved all of the fighting in the show.

I'll have to share some photos tomorrow since I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet and the lil' one is starting to rouse.

No comments: