Thursday, June 26, 2008

Racecar Races Part 2

Here are the pictures from the playdate yesterday. Here the boys are painting their racecars. Notice how my vinyl tablecloth matches the shelf in the background. All of my furniture and accessories are blue, purple or green.Bryce doesn't really like to color or paint. I don't know why. He'd rather run around and play. So here he is with his "finished" unfinished racecar. He insisted on wearing his racecar outfit from Halloween the WHOLE day... even though it was near 90.
Then we had lunch. I used cookie cutters to cut out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into racecars. I don't think any of the boys really even noticed but I had fun with it. :-)
Here the boys are racing their cars down the raceway. When I was getting the lumber in Home Depot a guy stopped me and asked what I was making. I told him about the race track and the beanbag game. He said.. wow, you're really that good? I replied... um, yeah! Although I don't really think my racetrack qualifies as "good". I need to get 2x4's and nail them to the sides of the track and then construct a pedastal. Then I'll be "that good". lol
Here's one of Bryce's friends racing his car down!
I think the boys had a lot of fun. I love having themed playdates at the house. I buy a bunch from Oriental Trading and then schedule them about every other week. I usually have about 12 kids attend (and their moms come to hang out too!). My moms group is pretty active and we have about 200 moms in the group so it's pretty easy to get people to come out although there are a lot of regulars in my area that come out all the time. I've become really good friends with a lot of the active gals in the group and we have so much fun! Speaking of playgroups - we have another one tomorrow at Bryce's friends house so I better get some chores done around the house since we'll be out for most of the day!

1 comment:

Rue said...

That looks like a lot of fun for them :)

200 kids?? You are a very patient woman ;)

Have a great Sunday,
rue