Monday, June 16, 2008

So - when does it get easier??!

These few weeks have been pretty trying. Goodness - I'm such a pessimistic sometimes. I feel like once I get through this - I can recharge for the next roller coaster ride but really - I should just look at this as the excitement of life! So here's what has been going on...

After the whole Croup incident - Bryce is doing great now, thanks! - I got 2 speeding tickets from the new speed camera in town. Granted - I was going over the speed limit by 12 miles but they allow 11 miles over. So basically - I was 1 over the "allowed". Both times! Pretty aggravating. Most of my friends have gotten a ticket also so I just think it's pretty obvious the speed posted is just too low! :-) Granted, it's before going into a school zone and it's posted at 30 mph BUT it's a major road. Plus, it's a 4 lane road and the camera is on the opposite side of the school - so basically the child would have to run through 2 lanes of traffic to get to the other side and most likely would not make it. Therefore... what's the point??! Shouldn't the camera be on the other side?? But its not. My opinion - 40 mph would be just fine. The county didn't call me about it though so oh well. Really - they just want money and wow, are they getting it. I HATE that camera. You'd think we'd all get used to where it is but it's right after a turn and a light so most moms are thinking about something else. Guys - they can think about it easily and then go back to their thoughts but women - the stream of consciousness just gets in the way.

Not only did I get the tickets but the then over the weekend I got in a car accident. Seriously, I feel like the worst driver in the world! I haven't had a ticket in YEARS and I've never ever caused an accident. Well, in about a week in a half I've done both. It's enough to make you never want to drive again! There was no avoiding the accident though - looking back.. there's nothing I could have done any different. Well - except keep 3 car lengths distance between me and the car ahead of me but on Georgia Rd you can't do that - they weave like crazy! The guy ahead of me was stopping at a light so I started to stop - then he decided to switch lanes so I eased up a bit on my brake. He ended up not switching lanes (don't know why) and slammed on his brakes. I slammed on mine but the car just didn't stop in time. If he had been 6 inches further up we would have been fine but well - he wasn't and boom. Unfortunately, the guy had no idea what to do in a car accident except request an ambulance. Granted - I hope he wasn't hurt... but it just was a little fishy. He was walking around before the police showed up. Needless to say, I had to sit and watch them take him out of the car on a stretcher and it was a little too much for my nerves. In the end - I ended up getting yet ANOTHER ticket for failure to control speed and causing a collision. Can you believe it??! 3 tickets?! Seriously - driving - not so fun anymore. Plus - with me, the guilt just eats at me. Really though, in the grand scheme of things... it was a really, really small accident. It just upsets me to spend money on something so stupid though.

What next - well, Tuesday Bryce had to go to the Dr. again because I found a tick on him about 40 minutes before my Dr. appt. for cryosurgery. I tried to pull it out but it came out in pieces so he had to go to the dr. to make sure the head was out. I then went to the dr. for my oh so fun procedure which didn't go too bad - it just wasn't pleasant.

And well today... we have no water. There was a main water break last night and we haven't had water since about 10 pm. Which isn't awful... I can definitely deal and we do have some drinking water but the whole toilet thing is a little annoying. I don't have enough water to flush with and the 3 grocery stores in town are all out. Hopefully water will be restored soon but seriously.... when will this bad streak stop??

Ok - I'm going to think positive now. It might actually rain today! Yay! Maybe I'll catch enough rain in my buckets to be able to flush! I don't think I've been this happy about possible rain in the summer for a long time! :-)

3 comments:

Rue said...

Lord honey! When it rains it pours... no pun intended ;)

I hope things get better for you quick. Have a glass of wine and don't drive for a while LOL

rue

Cupcake and Peanuts Mom said...

Geesh, you and Donovan should get together! He bought a new car, and got hit by someone 24 hours later... a week later he reneded someone... BRAND NEW car 8 thousand dollars worth of damage... I don't know if you remember.. but D is TOTALLY into his cars! We haven't gotten the car back yet... but I pray they do a FANTASTIC, AWESOME job...cause he won't be happy if its not perfect!!
Things will get better! They always do!! These crappy times always come in 3's! We got slammed with 6 in a row!

Tony, Paula, Murphy & Cosmo said...

Hey Randi!! You might be getting a letter from Maryland about having too many tickets in less then 2 yrs (I think that is what it is). I was in the same boat as you a few yrs ago...never had a ticket and then in a matter of 6 months I had two!!! But then I got a letter from the state telling me I better not get anymore or they would do something...can't remember that either!!!! Oh well, anyways....just a heads up!!! And trust me, it happens to everybody.......so don't be so hard on yourself.

Paula :)