Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I've been away...

Well, I am on week 19 of my pregnancy. This morning we found out we're having another boy! I'm just hoping that this boy is a little calmer than the first! I love Bryce to pieces but I'm not sure I could handle 2 of them!

Also - in other news (sad news) - we put Emmi down on Friday. Emmi was our rescue dog. She was the sweet cuddly one that everyone loved. Well, towards the end her legs were getting so disfigured and crippled from her arthritis that she became pretty cranky (reasonably so!). While it was incredibly hard to do - we thought it would be best for everyone involved (us and her) to let her go.

I miss her tons... although I miss the old Emmi. The last year or so has been very hard with her and I think we were all a bit miserable. I miss the sweet cuddly Emmi that we had before the arthritis took over.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry about Emmi having to be put down- It is such a hard thing to do I know. We had to put our sweet Caleb down several years ago.

Congratulations on a boy!! My first boy was they sweet docile one - David the 2nd was like your Bryce - keeps you on your toes but oh what fun they all are!!

blessings
mary

Annie said...

I'm so glad you commented. I would have never found your blog otherwise.
It's been a while. How is my Randi? Apparently pregnant...congratulation! That seriously made me so happy this morning. Is Bryce excited about a brother? You are so lucky to have two little buddies.
I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. I just watched Marley and Me with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. It was a supper touching show about a family and their dog. Have you seen it?
Have you been out with the SFHM's lately? I miss the group. There were some pretty cool moms there.
Thank you for the words of empathy with preschool. I can only hope it gets better. If not, I may just pull him out and go back to homeschool.

Tootsie said...

I know how you must be feeling. Poor thing...she is in a better state now...she is at peace. I have had to do this to a couple of my precious babies.
Keeping her memory around with a few photos is a good thing...she offered you years of unconditional love...and by letting her go..you returned the favor. Keeping her around and in pain to save your own heart ache would have been selfish. You did the best thing for her...and she knows it.
As for two boys...good greif...not sure I could handle that either...for me it would mean two boys in hockey...I have two girls and one boy...and that is bad in itself!
You are in my thoughts as you grieve....keep your chin up!

Annie said...

Why so long with no update? Do you think you are busy or something with the new baby? :)

Priorities my friend...where are your prioritise? :) I want to see pics of the new little guy.

Hey, thanks for all your comments about v-bacs and preterm stuff. It really helps to hear how other women have experienced such ordeals and try to learn more about what to do.

Smooches!