Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ricotta Gnocchi

I decided to try something new for dinner the other day. I came across a recipe for Ricotta Gnocchi a few months ago on allrecipes.com and it looked pretty interesting so I put it in my recipe box. Well, on Tuesday I decided to give it a go. It took longer than I thought it would but wow... it was SO good! I rolled out the Gnocchi myself...
and cut into pieces.
Here are the Gnocchi waiting for the water to boil on the stove.
This was the end result - yummy! I added 1/4 cup of sugar to the sauce to sweeten it a bit but I'm not sure if it really needed it. I also added zucchini and roasted red peppers because I love veggies in sauce! The red peppers really added some sweetness as well.Bryce also wanted me to take a picture of his meal so here is what he had to eat:
He doesn't like sauce so he had some plain Gnocchi, some watermelon cut using cookie cutters and some red grapes.

1 comment:

Rue said...

It's too early to want to eat that right now, but I do! My stomach is begging me to put something in it LOL That looks really good :) I love the cut watermellon ;)

Rue :)