Monday, April 7, 2008

Color!

We moved to our new house about a year ago. I haven't been that great with decorating it just yet. I used to be a lot more colorful.... let me introduce you to our old townhouse...
This was the above my cabinets in the kitchen.
These are the french doors that went to the backyard from the other side of the kitchen. Below them is a closeup of the leaves around the door. We had 2 accent walls of the yellow in the kitchen with the rest of it being white. The curtains were curtains that I threw up there after we sold the house. I took my curtains and replaced them with the curtains from the house we bought :-).
This pictures is from Thanksgiving 2002 - it shows the other side of the kitchen. We have Thanksgiving at our house every year. It's my _favorite_ holiday! I LOVE cooking for it. We started out with about 13 people and now we have about 20.
Here is the inside of the door of the first floor powder room. I painted the door and the back wall of the bathroom was upholstered with fabric by my husband. It took a long time - but hey, no kids!
The next picture is the wall coming out of the powder room going towards the kitchen. We had stuff hanging there but I took these pictures all right before we closed on the house because I realized I didn't have any good pictures of what I had done.
This was Bryce's room - he had a racecar theme hence the racing stripe
This was the den. I painted the squares on the walls while I was on bedrest with Bryce. I started showing signs of preeclampsia at about 30 weeks and so they put me on light bedrest. I could sit up at times and I go downstairs for meals. So I just sat in my chair and sponged the squares on and wheeled myself around the room. That probably isn't what they meant by bedrest but after 2 weeks I was going crazy! I went from working 70 hour weeks to working 0!
Here our basement...
...and this is of us with Bryce when he was a baby in our living room. We had 1 wall with purple accent stripes and the rest were plain purple.

And lastly, here is our dining room. We never did get around to painting the dining room. I had always wanted to put up chair railing and paint below the railing because the dining room walls ran into other walls - but a good fix would have been chair railing in this situation. I loved the color of our foyer - it was a green. I had bought a green and it ended up being too green - I wanted it more sagey. So I mixed it with some cream from the den and made that color up. I have the color formula for it because when I worked at Home Depot (I was an HR Manager there) I went to the paint dept. and had them match it. That way you can get the formula if you ever want it mixed again.

Well - that pretty much completes the tour of my old townhouse. Our bedroom was continuously changing back then. I basically had a different quilt for every 6 months. The walls were white - I stenciled blue wording as a simple border (only above windows and doors) and I never had problems finding cheap quilts that had blue in them! That way I could change it out every few months and have a new look. After Bryce arrived though I got a little tired of doing that. It got to be too much so we bought what we have now - I only have pictures of it from the internet though... here is what we have:
Well - I'm off to watch Medium! Have a great night and hopefully I'll get those pictures from the weekend up tomorrow!

1 comment:

Rue said...

Your townhouse was really cute! Your new house will get there :)

rue