Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy, Busy!

It's been a busy couple of days! I haven't really done anything much - our 3 year old has just been BUSY! My hubby gave me the weekend "off" (he watched Bryce most of the weekend) and I still feel like I didn't do anything and that I was still busy! Although - I guess I was - I slept in, I watched a movie, I went shopping at Home Depot, I did some planting...

I didn't get in any blogging nor did I take any pictures. I think it's because my off days were pretty well... dull. Which was nice! Tomorrow it's back to busy Bryce although we will be heading up to my grandmother's for the day and my parents for dinner. Then it's back home to celebrate my hubby's birthday! He has to teach class till 7:30 so we won't see him until after that.

I'm really, really hoping that the weather in the morning is nice though because I would love to get Bryce outside to the park for an "early" morning play date - 10:00 is early for us!

Speaking of kids - I don't know how some of you all out there do it! Granted, I understand that as the kids get older it's easier to get stuff done and to keep nice things out in the house right now. All of my decorating is aimed around being child safe. Plus, we host a lot of play dates at my house so I try to keep it safe not only for my 3 year old but smaller kids as well. Yet, I am having the hardest time decorating the house and keeping it all in order! I also can't seem to decide on anything anymore! Before we had Bryce (in the townhouse) everything had color. I think it's because I realized that if I got tired of it I could change it pretty easily. Not so easy with little ones! So in the new house, everything is neutral so that I can add color in. But like I said in my earlier post - not so fun! It's bland. I need to get out and get some curtains or fabric to spice the rooms up but I just don't have the time! There is NO way my 3 year old is going to wait around for me to find fabric at G-Street fabrics! Ha. It's also too hard to buy fabric online w/o seeing the actual color. Plus, when Dave gets home the last thing I want to do is fight traffic to get down to "town" to go to the stores. I'm tired after a day of Bryce! It's very hard.

So for all of you mommies out there that decorate _and_ have kids - wow, I'm truly impressed. Ok, I better get to sleep or else Bryce will have to get his own breakfast in the morning! I'll try and write more tomorrow about our week and the teeny tiny projects I got done over the weekend.

4 comments:

Bordini Family said...

Hey there Randi, have you thought about maybe just painging an accent wall? Like the wall that is behind your couch and run into your kitchen maybe? And maybe one or two walls in your dining room, maybe the one that doesn't run into the kitchen? This might give you the color punch that you desire and you won't have to worry about painting your whole first floor the same color since all walls run into all of your rooms.

Domestic Diva said...

I've thought of doing hand painted borders and such like what I did in our old house - I just haven't gotten around to it! I'll have to post pictures of the townhouse so you can get an idea of what I came from before this house! :-)

Bordini Family said...

This house is beautiful also, you have a kid now and not a ton of time on your hands, we did all of our painting and decorating before the kids were born (except the playroom), we don't have time for full blown projects either. I love the photos of your townhouse, very comfy looking!! Love it!

Rue said...

I feel your pain or I should say I've been there. I have no idea how I did anything with little ones running around. It does get better though.

Don't wish this age away to quickly because although they get independent, one day Brice will be a cute little boy sitting on your lap saying I love you mommy and the next minute he'll be 17 sitting at the table pissed because you don't know anything about Radiohead (a band). Ah kids, doncha just love em.... ;)