Friday, August 15, 2008

Fashion Trends - Fall 2008

Ok, so Jessica over at JessicaKnows.com is having a contest for a flip camera and since my video camera KEEPS breaking I thought I might as well enter so that one of these days I might actually be able to get some good video of Bryce.

Basically, I have to pick my favorite fashion trend for fall 2008. After A LOT of researching I think I have found my favorite outfit. It's very mom appropriate and extremely practical but hey, as a stay at home mom my outfits have to fit the schedule of a busy 4 year old! Here is what I have picked out (it is designed by Michael Kors btw):

This outfit fits a lot of the trend for Fall 2008 yet is still totally practical and wearable! I would totally wear this to go shopping or to back to school night at preschool! The aviator sunglasses have been a hit for awhile now and don't look as though they are going anywhere soon. I don't have a pair of them yet but I'm thinking I need to keep up with the times! (I'm still sporting some catwear!) Although the skinny jeans are coming back the wide leg jeans are still in thank goodness. After you've had a kid.... skinny jeans just make your stomach look bigger and your ankes smaller (can we say upside down pear??!). I love the little jacket and it's got that man inspired tuxedo style that is in fashion for this fall. The buttons on both sides of the cardigon totally give the impression of a double brested jacket - plus the jacket hides my love handles but still allows me to wear a tight shirt underneath which makes almost anyone look as though they have a smaller waist. Plus - black and blue - totally in this season! Granted... she's got black patent leather flip flops on instead of flat heeled riding books but from what I've read - patent leather anything is going to be big this fall and you the fall September weather in Maryand still allows you to show off your awesome pedicures! Lastly, texturized shopper bags are huge this fall - and especially in black patent leather!!

I LOVE this outfit. It is SO Fall 2008 but still can be worn to chase down your young kids. Totally practical and fashionable for stay at home mom or something the working mom can wear on the weekends!

Anyhow - Jessica is going to post the fashions on her webpage at http://www.jessicaknows.com and will be asking for people to start voting next week. Check her out and vote for my Fall 2008 trend pick!

1 comment:

Julie Pishny said...

Hi - I wanted to reply to your message regarding the bottle chandelier and the paint treatment on the cabinets. I couldn't find an email so contact me at gardenologykc@hotmail.com and I can give you the details. - Julie
Also, would you consider adding my blog to your favorites list?