Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm Back!

Ok, so I'm finally back and I think I'm ready to return to blogging. Goodness... it's been a long, fun, sporadic month! Bryce and I have been to the beaches in Long Island, Fort Myers FL and Dewey Delaware.... and after about 2 weeks I think I am still going through beach withdrawal! I am loosing my tan!

I'd post pictures and show everyone our amazing vacation but well, I left my camera at my grandmother's house in Baltimore and even though we've been up there to visit since then I keep forgetting to bring it home.

I did not plan on being away this summer. I figured my parents would sell the house in Long Island, close on the house in Florida and we would have a summer off of traveling. Well, at the last minute I couldn't stand it anymore. We traveled up to Long Island at the beginning of the month to attend my cousin's college graduation party (both cousins in the same family graduated in the same year... different ages though). While we were up there we hit the beach of course.

Well, we returned from NY and I felt the beach calling my name so 3 days after we got home from NY we flew down to FL last minute to join my parents in Fort Myers and visit their new home. They bought a vacation townhouse down there and it coudln't be any better! I LOVE it! The beach in Fort Myers is INCREDIBLE and the house is so nice (air conditioning!!!!).

2 days after we got home from FL we traveled to Dewey for 2 weeks with my inlaws. It's our annual vacation. Dave loves it there because of the waves (well, when there's a storm) but it's not as nice for Bryce. While he LOVES to play in the sand there and ride the rides in Rehoboth... he can't just wade in the water there like in Fort Myers or Rocky Point Long Island (when the water in LI is tolerable... it's been really cold lately). We had a GREAT time in Dewey though... as always.

Next year Bryce and I are going to stay in Fort Myers for about a month I think though and then travel to Dewey. I'm counting the days to return to the beach....

Pictures to come when I actually get my camera one of these days.

No comments: