Saturday, August 16, 2008

Okinawa, Japan

So - if you scroll down my page you have probably noticed that I have the time in Okinawa, Japan on the right hand side of my page. You might be wondering why in the world I need to know the time in Japan... well, both Bryce's and my best friends live over there. Kelly and Tristan have now been in Japan for almost a year (it will be a year in about 2 weeks). Kelly's husband is a pathologist in the military and so they were stationed there for 2 years. 1 year down... 1 to go.

Kelly lived 2 houses down from us when we lived in our townhouse. She and I had our sons 3 weeks apart and they instantly became best friends. She stayed at home for a year before she went back to work part time and during that time we practically lived together during the day! It was SO nice to have someone to share that new mom thing with. Even when she went back to work full time we still stayed super close. She would call me every day on her way home from work to talk and occasionally even called on her lunch hour!

Before she left for Japan she came to live with us for about 2 weeks because their house had sold and Arash (her husband) had already left to set things up in Japan before she got there. We then drove together in her car to Wisconsin so that she could leave her minivan at her mother's house. I stayed and visited with them in Wisconsin for 2 weeks. It was awesome! I loved Wisconsin and they have amazing cheese!

So basically, I use the time on my blog so that I can call her at a decent time. Lately though no time is good. She's been working more lately so not available during the day (my night) and I am so not a morning person so I haven't really been able to call her in the morning. She's called a few times recently but I've missed every call. I miss her desperately!

I can't believe they've been gone for a year. Bryce still talks about Tristan A LOT and is constantly wanting to send him stuff. He's also always talking about what he is going to tell Tristan on the phone but Tristan doesn't really like talking on the phone yet.

Anyhow - here are pictures of the 2 boys (best of friends):

Here is a picture of all the 4 of us right before Bryce and I left Wisconsin:
Kelly was also the one that I told everything. The night I had my D&C from my miscarriage she came over with desserts and wine - she was always over with wine whenever I had a problem. I really miss having her nearby!... but I am so glad that her and I became such close friends. Next September she returns to the states and I'm so hoping that it's somewhere close! But at least wherever they move to will be a much shorter flight to get to!

1 comment:

Rue said...

Hi!!

You're finally back :)

Kelly sounds like a great friend. Does she read your blog?

I love that outfit in the last post. Good to hear that those jeans are still in. I was scared when the skinny jeans came out ... yikes! LOL

rue