Monday, March 31, 2008

My New Copper Colander

Here is my new find that I added to my house last week. It is an old copper colander. I found it at this out of the way consignment store that I just randomly stopped at while driving up to Westminster. I never go antiquing with Bryce - and for some reason I decided to stop at this place and take Bryce in. Yeah... I know, crazy... but he was really good (well, for him) and didn't totally ruin the store. I think it helped that the store owner had a cage with a parrot in it. He found the parrot and was enamored with it. My son is not much of a shopper. He is very much like his father when it comes to this "sport" :-). I on the other hand LOVE antiquing and finding good deals. I have no idea if this was a good deal or not but I loved the patina of it. I liked how the copper is wearing off in some spots. Of course, this could be tarnish, but I like the look of it! I put this in my dining room underneath my Ernest D. Roth etching - the distant artist relative (I think he was my grandmother's cousin?).

2 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I love it!! don't you just love those little out of the way places!! Great find!!~Wendy

Rue said...

I think it's a fantastic find! I would've got it myself :)

Have a great night sweetie,
rue :)