Sunday, November 9, 2008

Family and Old Pictures

It has been an interesting weekend. I started writing a post on Friday but couldn't finish it because my jaw was acting up and my headache was making me extremely nauseous that I coudln't sit in front of the computer. I clench and grind my teeth pretty bad in my sleep. I've had TMJ for awhile now but a few years ago someone hit from from behind in the car. The accident caused my cartilage to slip out of place on my right jaw joint. I had very limited movement in my jaw and had to have surgery to put the cartilage back into place. Of course, insurance wouldn't pay for my surgery because they stated that we hadn't tried other options yet - although all of the other options involved taking anti-inflamatories and I am allergic to them. After a year of going back and forth with the insurance I had my surgery and I was finally able to eat like a normal person again! Anyhow - I will still have issues with it for the rest of my life and I see my oral surgeon on a normal basis (every 3 months) to get my night brace adjusted. Fun, eh?

Well, normally what happens is that if I get too stressed out my jaw joint gets swollen and hurts which causes really bad headaches and neck aches. I've learned to just live through it but Friday I just had to go to bed. So no blogging for me on Friday.

Yesterday I went to a Meet the Baby shower for the whole day. It was lots of fun - we had a traditional baby shower (except for the baby had already been born!) that started at 3 and then at 8 we drove back to my friends house and had the "after shower." 9 months of not being able to drink made my friend a little nuts so she wanted to have her friends over for some wine, beer and food! I didn't end up coming home until 2:30am! It was lots of fun but I was feeling it a bit today and basically have done nothing all day!

I did, however, get a chance to scan my mother's childhood pictures in. I'm hoping to be able to frame some old family pictures and put them up on a central wall in the house. My grandfather was in a lot of the pictures - I never met him. He died when my mom was 15 from stomach cancer. I really enjoy looking at her old pictures because I can imagine what he was like. Personally I don't think I look anything like him but my brother on the other hand bares a resemblance to him. Here are some of the pictures:

My grandmother, grandfather and mother

My grandmother and mother
My grandfather and mother
My grandfather My grandmother eventually remarried but he died 3 years ago. She lives very close to my mom though (and has for about 15 years). A few years after my parents moved from NY to MD my grandparents moved into the house that backs up to my parents house. It was pretty cool growing up to have my grandparents so incredibly close! Bryce and I go up once a week to spend the day with my grandmother (we live an hour away from them now) and then we all have dinner with my parents at night. It's really great to be so close with my family. They are so great and I am so blessed to have them!

Well, I was going to post a picture of my mom, grandmother and myself at my wedding but I can't find it! Item #2 that I can't find - my proofs from my wedding. My goodness - where are things going??! Oh well - I'll have to look for that tomorrow. It's getting late and I need to get things together so that I can get to sleep. Until then - thank goodness for family! Be content in the fact that we have family - people to stick by us no matter what.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I don't know what it is about family pictures but I feel content looking at them even when they are not of my family. I always am drawn to the hallway of pictures in friends homes!

Blessings
mary