Friday, November 28, 2008

Pictures from the One Curtained Thanksgiving

This year has been dubbed the One Curtained Thanksgiving because we put off hanging our curtains till the night before Thanksgiving. Of course, one of the curtain rods was missing the hardware to hang it (all of the important stuff). Instead of taking down the other curtain I decided to keep it up so that I could show my mom the curtains (which are actually tablecloths cut down the center and hemmed).

This year we had 13 people for dinner. Last year we had 19 and had to use 2 tables. I was excited this year because I thought we could once again have everyone at 1 table but alas, my table only will only seat 12. We once again had to set up another table.

Here's the gorgeous turkey. We've been frying our turkey for at least 5 years now. I love it... especially since it frees up the entire oven for me to use on other things!

Getting the turkey off the stand is a 2 person job! Here's my hubby and my soon to be brother-in-law working on getting the turkey ready.

Here's me and my awful chin! The food was yummy!

Dessert is ready!

Here is my menu for Thanksgiving this year:

Appetizers
Smoked Cheddar Cheese and Apple Butter Fondue
Munster Cheese and crackers
Wrapped Cocktail Franks

Dinner
Turkey
Sweet Potato Casserole
Corn Pudding
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberry Sauce with Golden Raisins and Apples
Pumpkin Muffins
Cranberry Bread (made by my dad)
Macaroni and Cheese (made by my sis in laws soon to be mom in law)
Potato Casserole (made by same as above)

Dessert
Upside Down Pecan Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

It was great to have the whole family over! I love having the house filled with people. But now I better get to cleaning it up! I won't be posting for a week. We're using this week to spend as a family and going sightseeing. We're going to limit our computer usage while we spend time together. I'll post pictures when I get back onto the computer.

4 comments:

Tootsie said...

it all looks so good and you all seem so happy! I am glad you named your holiday...makes it more memorable

Anonymous said...

Oh the upside down pecan pie looks so yummy! Am glad you had a great day with your family!

blessings
mary

My Little Family: said...

Found your blog through Ratbone. You have a lovely home! Love the decorating,

Rue said...

Hi Randi :)

It looks like everyone had a great time and you looked beautiful!

Oh and I like the green for the front door ;)

rue