Monday, November 10, 2008

Zena

Well, it's about time that I tell you what makes me extremely content with my life... besides my hubby and son! My doggies! I can't remember if I'd written about them before but I love them both so much they deserve another blog entry if I have! We have 2 rat terriers, Zena and Emmi.

Zena is a purebred rattie. I was bad with her... she is a puppy store dog. I know, I know.... bad... but I was young and she was so cute. I did do some research on the breed before I went back to get her and I did look around a bit to see if there were breeders in the area but I couldn't find any at the time and she was just so darn cute! We have been lucky with her so far though - no big health problems and she's pretty well socialized for a pet store pup. She's not extremely keen about kids but she will tolerate them to a point. She does not like to be poked at or have her ears pulled and she will warn you if you do so. She's pretty good at just warning and not snapping at the kids. I see it as the "mommy" dog disciplining her pups. She was our first "kid" and it's pretty obvious. The poor gal has this look she gives me when Bryce is acting up.... "when is he going back mom???". She's now a tad bit overweight (she probably needs to lose about 4 lbs) but I'm finding it very hard to find the time to get out there and walk her. Here's a picture of our darling Miss Piggy:
This is taken when she was about 1 and before Bryce.

I can't find any recent pictures of her - she tries to stay clear of Bryce and most of my pics are of him now! Here she is at a playdate from this spring eyeing the popsicles. She's not a huge fan of kids but if they've got food, she wants to be near them!
Next came Emmi.... and I think I'll keep you in suspense about her... till tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about pets bringing contentment. My cat Mickey loves to sit in may lap all the time (she is right beside me now as it is a little hard to type with a kitty there!) Jesse our lab is so funny lately- we have a fireplace insert and it gets quite warm by the fire. He sits or lays not a foot away from it. All of a sudden he will get up and move maybe 4 feet away and just collapses to the ground as he is so exhausted from the heat!

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot you had asked about the wallpaper job. It took 1 full day and then we had to wash the walls down and get the little bits of paper off which was another 1/2 day so it wasn't too bad. I have a huge dining room which has 2 layers of paper also- don't even want to begin to figure out how long that room will take me!

mary