Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Foster Dogs

Along the years we have had a few fosters that did not stay with us. The dog in the front is Troy. He was our 2nd foster (after Emmi). The dog behind Troy is Marty and my neighbor adopted her through Ratbone Rescues as well.


>Then came Oreo. She's the pup standing on the chair. She was a fantastic dog with TONS of energy. She was adopted out to a woman in Baltimore that eventually moved to North Carolina. Oreo left us right before Bryce was born and she spent most of my bedrest on the bed with me. She was a cuddler.
Last but not least came Sharky. When we had Bryce we decided that it was too much for us to foster dogs but when they asked me to foster Sharky I couldn't resist and David let me get him. He was an American Hairless Terrier and I WANT one! I know I'll never have one because David doesn't really like them so I wanted to foster one so that I could experience one! He was really cool. He got along with Bryce just fine and after a few months he joined a family in Jacksonville, Fl. I had to put him on a place and that was one of the hardest things I had to do because not only did he have to wait a few hours in the crate at the airport he was also going to have a layover and I felt so bad for him! But he made it down there just fine and I heard he was doing just fine with his brother dog down there. Here's a pic that his new family down in Florida sent me. He's here with his brother. I can hardly tell the difference between the 2! Sharky is the one sitting. Well, those are all of the dogs Dave and I have had in the past 8 years. Right now we're just fine with the 2 - I wish I could foster again but it's just so much work and with the amount of kids that go through the house I just can't chance getting a dog that might have a problem with them. I definitely have to say that I am totally content with my dogs - through thick and thin - they bring great satisfaction to my life. I've always been a dog person (since really young) and I think I will always be a dog person. They just love you unconditionally and that's so amazing!

No comments: