Thursday, November 6, 2008

I've lost my head...

So all day I was thinking about the topic I was going to write about today and I had wanted to include some pictures to make it more interesting but well... I haven't been able to find them. I even cleared off the scanner to scan them in! Bummer - what I was looking for seems to be lost. So.... I'm going to put that post off until I can find what I want to find.

That brings me to the fact that I am totally scatterbrained tonight. Right now I am in charge of organizing the layout for our church pictorial directory. Not the actual photos of people... the collages and such that go at the front of the directory. I have always just assumed that the church sent in these pictures and the company organized it for the church. Noooo... I assumed wrong. It's a lot of work! Right now I have a bazillion pictures... ok, it's not that many... but a lot!... on my hard drive of the computer and others that need to be scanned in and then apparently others that are waiting for pickup at the church. Plus, I have organize the layout of the staff... type out everything that needs to be labeled and add cutsey pictures to make it look pretty.

To give you an idea of what I'm doing. Our last pictorial directory in 2005 had 45 collage pages preceeding the actual pictorial directory. I have 2 people that I can call to help me but it's just crazy. I also have the directions and random papers all over the den floor so that I can start laying out the "layout". It's a wreck.

So on top of that I realized I coudln't find what I wanted to find for my blog post tonight. So then I started running all over the place looking for that. No where to be found. While I was doing that my husband came home and went in to read a book to my son who, yes... was still awake in his bed (I put him to bed at 8:30, Dave came home at 9:30 and it's now 10:40 and I can still hear him awake in his bed... argh). I was then informed that Bryce's imaginary friends dog pee'd in his bed again (the dog pee'd in his bed 2 nights ago too). On top of that I had forgotten to put the waterproof mattress pad back on today after it had completely dried from being washed yesterday! Goodness.

This post has gotten away from me. Haha - just like everything else tonight! So it's been a hectic night. I went over to Mary's blog to read her Day 6 posting and ended up also re-reading her Day 5 post. There's where it hit me, she writes:

"I am also content that God is in Control!!!"

I need to remember that and be thrilled that it is all for a reason! God is in control! Goodness... just thinking that has slowed down my heartbeat and calmed me down. God is in control and it will all work out alright. This is just one crazy night that I can handle. Because God is not going to throw more at me than I can handle - I have to trust that he is right. And as I say that over and over in my head I hear my wonderful little 4 year old boy running to the potty and pee'ing! It's music to my ears! Because I only have 2 pairs of sheets for him and 1 are in the wash right now! HA - if he had gone in his bed well... I would have handled it. But thank you God for reminding him to use the POTTY!

So thank you Mary. Thank you for reminding me that God is in control. It's not me - it's him and he's not going to throw more at me than I can handle. I CAN do this all. I WILL get it done and goodness gracious... I will find that item I'm looking for!

Lastly.... I need advice from you moms out there with tons of wisdom. My son now has many, many imaginary friends and like I said, they apparently have pets. I am totally find with the friends and pets... no problem. I find his imagination amazing and love that about him! BUT... he's now blaming things on them and I don't know how to handle it. I don't want to squash his imagination but really... we all know it was him that pee'd in his bed and him that threw all of his books around the room. The pee in the bed thing... he was totally awake and I think he did it to spite me. I wouldn't come in and read him another book and the next thing I know... he peed his bed (but not his PJ's! so he must have pulled them down to do it!). Again tonight - our agreement was he could watch the end of his movie but no books (since it was getting late). He asked over and over from his room for me to read him a book and I said no... next thing you know... Daddy's finding pee in the bed and PJ's are dry! Any advice on how to handle it???

2 comments:

My Little Family: said...

Hi there! I saw your post on my friend Julie's blog and see you adopted from and were involved with Ratbone! Hello fellow Bonehead! You've just GOT to post photos of your rattie. Be sure to visit my site and see my ratties. Also you can vote everyday for Ratbone! Vickie

Rue said...

Hi Randi :)

I'm glad you're posting more!

As far as your son peeing, I did the same thing when I was about his age and I was mad about my dad being a jerk. I remember it like yesterday and when my mom divorced him I stopped. Annie did it too, but it was because she was upset about my divorce, so it could be any number of things, but he's definitely mad about something.

Just remember that whatever it is... this too shall pass :)

rue