Friday, March 7, 2008

clouds in the sky... I mean ceiling

Today I spent pretty much the whole entire day painting clouds on the ceiling of our master bathroom. I woke up at 8:30, ate breakfast with Bryce and then Nana and Grandaddy came to pick up him to take him to DC at 9:30. From 9:30 to 10:30 I read some cottage decorating blogs (mainly on tips on how to make signs and refinish furniture) and then at about 11:00 I started the clouds.

I took some breaks through the day to rest my arm and neck and also to eat lunch and dinner but I finally finished up at about 8ish. They look ok. Dave said that he likes them and yeah, they're not bad for my first try but they all remind me of different things. To me one looks like a boy standing on a ledge, another looks like a manatee and yet another resembles a squirrel. There is also a car and a boy up there. Plus, I can see all of the layers of colors I put up there but it's probably because I know how I did it. If I didn't do it they might look differently.

Oh well - like I said, I'm satisfied with how it turns out and for now they will stay. Next comes the 2 palm trees and I also want to make a sign with a beachy quote on it to hang from the wall. That will complete my whimsical bathroom beach retreat!

Here are some pictures so that you can see how they turned out. I used 3 paint glazes (white, off-white and slightly grey) and applied the paint with both a cheesecloth and a paint brush.

1 comment:

Jessie Smith said...

I think it looks awesome! Beautiful. You did a great job.