Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm trying it again....

I really would like to be able to blog on a regular basis. I find it so incredibly hard to find the time although I do seem to find the time to look at the most random websites ever. The other night I was so bored but didn't want to go to sleep because I was getting some alone time and that's not so common. So I just randomly started looking up people I've known in the past. I thought about High School and well, Jack came to mind. That's because at my 10 year reunion Buckets and I drove him home because he had drank too much. Obviously, I went to high school with Jack. I was in Marching Band with him (well, I did Drill Team) and I went to Europe with him during the summer of 1994. He was always so much fun to be around. He had a way of always making everyone laugh.

Anyhow, back to my story. So he was one of the people I randomly looked up on Google the other day (I know, pathetic) and it turns out he is in a band that has a myspace page and they're pretty good! I signed up to be a friend and Jack actually wrote back to me himself. It's nice to know that I'm somewhat remembered!

Speaking of being somewhat remembered - the most embarrassing thing happened at my 10 year reunion. I went to middle school and high school with this guy named David. I was in many classes with him and we did occasionally hang out although I wouldn't say we were good friends, but we definitely knew each other! Yeah, well, I ran into him at the reunion and he had absolutely NO idea who I was. I don't think I've ever forgotten anyone - granted, my memory might not always be exactly clear - but I can't imagine totally not remembering someone! That's never happened to me. Well, yup, it is a little embarrassing to be totally forgotten. But oh well, his loss!

Here is the link to my friends band. Give them a listen and let me know what you think! 3fifths


I sat next to Jack on the bus while touring around Europe for awhile. I don't exactly remember how that happened but I just remember laughing so much! Thinking of my trip to Europe made me pull out my pictures. Here's one of Jack taking a little snooze - although I don't remember what country this was in! We toured around and put on musical concerts in Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and France.


Here I am with Alyssa (R) and Mandy(C). This was taken before we left for Europe at our going away concert. Mandy played flute and was in the band while Alyssa and I went as band front. We danced to certain pieces and helped out the chorus. I was so lucky to go because they didn't have any violins in the band (the instrument I played) but I was still able to participate! I will never ever forget this experience. It was 3 weeks of SOOOO much fun. My parents remember me coming home and I was crying - they asked if I was crying because I was so happy to be home and I told them, No... I don't want to leave Europe! What an awful thing for parents to hear when their child comes back from a 3 week vacation away from them! But it really was one of the most fun times of my life.

1 comment:

Jessie Smith said...

I'm psyched that you're going to blog more! That's awesome! You should include all your organizing tips because you truly are The Domestic Diva. :)