Monday, March 24, 2008

White House Easter Roll

Ok, so I'm not sure what was more fun - the egg roll itself or standing in line overnight waiting for the tickets to the egg roll. Today's event definitely was an experience but I think I did have just as much fun (if not more) hanging out with my gal friends talking and joking around all night long! To begin the day off - we took the metro down to the event.
Bryce refused to walk from the metro stop to the White House (1/2 mile) so I had to carry him. He's about 32 lbs right now and after 1/2 mile he gets really heavy! We finally got to the ellipse and waited 1/2 hour to get into the White House grounds. Bryce was trying to tear the tent down - joy.
Finally, at 1 we were brought onto the South Lawn and boy was it crowded! Again, he wouldn't walk so I had to carry him around. He decided that he wanted to do the egg hunt first and the line was long. Actually, everything had a line and all of them were long. He enjoyed hunting for the eggs although he didn't find the coveted golden egg.Then we went to go get our picture taken in front of the White House but he wasn't really happy about that... he wanted to go see the animals and the ocean stuff. I told him we'd go up there to see that all after the picture but well, see for yourself...
We then saw the animal show (a monitor lizard, a vulture and an alligator) and walked around. He was excited to see the horseshoe crabs and ocean stuff (that was the theme for the year but by the way it was displayed you'd never know).
He did the egg roll...
we saw Super Why...
and then we went home! Now it's off to relax because I'm exhausted and my arms are killing me!

2 comments:

Rue said...

Kids are fun aren't they? ;)

It looks like you had a good time, but you probably need a vacation now. I know I would. LOL

The table top is made of galvanized steel (the stuff the use under roof shingles). Perfect for a farmhouse right?

Rest those arms!
Rue :)

Rue said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for the kitchen complements :)

I would love to see the view from your kitchen window. It sounds wonderful.

Have a great night!
Rue :)