Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yummy!

We had the best day today. It started out with a playdate at my girlfriend Tracy's house. I haven't seen her in forever (well, only a week but I usually see her every other day!) and it was great to catch up. Her house is so incredibly comfy! I always just feels like home there.

We got home and my father in law came to pick up Bryce for the night. He's sleeping over there. David and I had tickets to see Doubt at the local theater and I figured that instead of eating out that I would cook something really scrumptious! So I made Gorgonzola Crusted Filet Mignon with Merlot Sauce. The recipe originally called for Blue Cheese and Port Wine but I substituted in Gorgonzola and Merlot because I like them better. I also made Mashed Red Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cheese and Roasted Asparagus with Thyme. It was SO good. The Merlot Sauce really made the meal. I didn't think I would like it because it seemed to have a lot of onions in it but wow - it was amazing.

I served dinner by candlelight in the Dining Room and used our china, good silver and crystal. It was really fun and _a lot_ cheaper than eating out!

We then went to the theater and when we came back we had Nutty Apple Crisp for dessert. David's favorite dessert is Apple Pie so I figured he would like this - it was a nice change from pie. Wow was this yummy! While we ate dinner we watched the movie Sydney White - it was really cute.

What a perfect night! An amazing dinner, the theater, yummy dessert and a fun movie! What else could one ask for in the night?! Plus - the tickets were given to us by my in laws, dinner was relatively inexpensive (compared to eating out) and the movie was through netflix! Not only did we have a great time but it was cheap!

Well, it's now 12:15 am and I should get to bed. I'll leave you with a picture of dinner (it looked so good I had to photograph it!)...

2 comments:

Bordini Family said...

MMMMM MMMM good!!! I am glad you had a great day! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

Rue said...

A woman after my own heart! That is one of our favorite dishes :)