Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dining Room

I finally got the etching done by Ernest D. Roth, a distant family member, framed and hung up in my dining room. My grandmother gave my parents the etching and they in turn gave it to me. The new frame and mats make it look much nicer than it was! Most objects in my house are either from an antique store, a yard sale, Craft Country (used to be in Olney till it went out of business), or are family heirlooms. The family heirlooms are my most favorite because they all have stories behind them.

I flanked the etching on the wall with 2 antique folding wood chairs that I bought years ago. I had always planned on hanging them in my townhouse but never got to it. I finally have been able to get them up in the new house. I bought 4 wrought iron hooks from a blacksmith on ebay. I love them. They're extremely heavy and sturdy and have a neat pattern on them. Although, when the chairs are hanging you can't see them. I didn't think of this beforehand.

I love having the chairs on the wall because they serve 2 purposes.... 1) artwork and 2) as chairs! When I have a large group of people over we can use these in either my dining room or anywhere else. Having them on the wall makes them very accessible!

Here's a picture of the new wall in my dining room and a closeup of the newly framed etching:

No comments: